If you receive the Unable to Connect message when starting a new game, something on your local network is preventing the game and/or its website from connecting to the game servers. You should be able to open these ports with a few changes to your device or router.
Open Ports on PC/Mac
- Click Start.
- Type Settings.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Select Advanced settings, and then select Inbound Rules in the left pane.
- Right-click Inbound Rules, and then select New Rule.
- Select Port, and then click Next.
- Select TCP as the protocol to apply the rule.
- Select Specific Local Ports, add the following ports: TCP: 843, 943, 4520, 4530-4533, 4540, 9090-9092UDP: 5055-5057, 27000-27001
- Click Next.
- Select Allow the connection.
- Leave Domain, Private, and Public checked to apply the rule to all types of networks.
- Name the rule something meaningful (i.e. RiffTrax), and then click Finish.
Note: The above steps are for Windows 10 and may vary on other versions.
- Open System Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy.
- Open Firewall.
- Open Firewall Options.
- Click Add.
- Search for the RiffTrax: The Game app from the Applications folder and click Add.
- Ensure that the option next to the application is set to Allow incoming connections.
If that does not resolve your issue, do the following steps:
Open ports for an entire network
You need to open the following ports on your router:
If you're using the router provided by your ISP, see the following guides on how to port forward.
Comcast/Xfinity - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway
Verizon - https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-87064/
Spectrum - https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/advanced-home-wifi-advanced-settings
AT&T - https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1010280/
Cox - https://wifi.cox.com/network/advanced-settings
If you aren't using a router provided by your ISP, please see that manufacturer's help articles related to port forwarding.
Still need help?
Click here to create a support ticket. PC/Mac users may want to include their game log file when reporting a bug. Info on game logs can be found here:
PC: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Wide Right Interactive\RiffTraxTheGame\Player.log
Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Wide Right Interactive/Rifftrax The Game/Player.log