If you receive a warning about port 19090 on the RiffTrax.Games site, something on your local network is preventing the game and/or its website from connecting to the game servers.
Device or Network Issue?
To quickly find out if the issue is with the device or network level, you can attempt to start a game on another device that uses the same network. If your second device connects fine, then the issue is localized to that specific device. If all devices fail to connect, then it is a network/router issue.
Open ports on a single device
- Click Start.
- Type Settings.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Select Advanced settings, and then select Inbound Rules in the left pane.
- Right-click Inbound Rules, and then select New Rule.
- Select Port, and then click Next.
- Select TCP as the protocol to apply the rule.
- Select Specific Local Ports, add the following ports:
TCP: 19090, 19091, 19093
- Click Next.
- Select Allow the connection.
- Leave Domain, Private, and Public checked to apply the rule to all types of networks.
- Name the rule something meaningful (i.e. RiffTrax), and then click Finish.
Note: The above steps are for Windows 10 and may vary on other versions.
- Open System Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy.
- Open Firewall.
- Open Firewall Options.
- Click Add.
- Search for the RiffTrax: The Game app from the Applications folder and click Add.
- Ensure that the option next to the application is set to Allow incoming connections.
Open ports for an entire network
You need to open the following ports on your router:
TCP: 19090, 19091, 19093
If you're using the router provided by your ISP, see the following guides on how to port forward.
Comcast/Xfinity - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway
Verizon - https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-87064/
Spectrum - https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/advanced-home-wifi-advanced-settings
AT&T - https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1010280/
Cox - https://wifi.cox.com/network/advanced-settings
If you aren't using a router provided by your ISP, please see that manufacturer's help articles related to port forwarding.
Still need help?
Click here to create a support ticket. PC/Mac users may want to include their game log file when reporting a bug. Info on game logs can be found here:
PC: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Wide Right Interactive\RiffTraxTheGame\Player.log
Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Wide Right Interactive/Rifftrax The Game/Player.log